HTC One grabs “Best Smartphone” breaking the winning streak of Samsung

MWC 2014 Barcelona, Spain – GSMA the group behind the Mobile World Congress awarded the “Best Smatphone” to HTC One breaking the winning streak of Samsung (Galaxy S2 and Galaxy S3). HTC One is favored over Galaxy S4 – Samsung’s 2013 flagship and other smartphone manufacturer like SONY, LG and among others. HTC launched a

Samsung Galaxy S5 – Overview and Specs

MWC 2014 Barcelona Spain – This is the time of the year where all Mobile manufacturers showcase their yearly flagships. For Samsung their Galaxy S5 has been anticipated that we’ve been reading leaks left and right. What’s new with the Samsung Galaxy S5? What are the upgrades they added and other features that you might

Samsung Galaxy Note II (GT-N7100) & Note II LTE (GT-N7105) starts receiving Android 4.3 upgrade

Samsung Galaxy Note II users rejoice! Galaxy Note II (GT-N7100) and Galaxy Note II LTE (GT-N7105) are receiving Android 4.3 Jelly Bean update. The out of the box Galaxy Note II & Note II LTE is running Android 4.1.2 and Samsung did not push any update [4.2.2] after that. This Android 4.3 upgrade for the

Google released Android 4.4-r1.2 Factory images, binaries, AOSP – Bug fixes for Nexus devices

After the debut of Android 4.4 KitKat like few days ago Google release the Android 4.4-r1.2 KRT16s  KitKat. This is a bug fixes update. The old build KRT16o was removed all through out and replaced by build KRT16s. To date many are still waiting for an OTA update and seems the KRT16s will be pushed for

How to Root Nexus 4 Android 4.4 – easiest rooting in the world!

Probably the easiest rooting method is the CF-Root. ChainFire is an elite developer at XDA and with over 9.5million downloads. He even joked that what if those 9.5 million downloads donated him $1 :). Anyhow, I am trying to Root the Android 4.4 but there are few tools used for Mac good thing Nexus 4

How to Install Android 4.4 KitKat to Nexus 4 on Mac

Update: 11/20/2013 – Google Release Android 4.4_r.12 MacToolkit script has been updated and will only work for KRT16s. I encountered some issues with the original instruction on how to install Android 4.4 KitKat on Mac so I look somewhere and I was checking my directory I stumbled  techfanitic9′s mac toolkit. This toolkit I used before

How to Install Android 4.4 KitKat to Nexus 4

Nexus 4 users its time for some KitKat! Today Google released the Android 4.4 KitKat for Nexus 4 device. I tried to restore my device to stock and lock its bootloader to get OTA but so far my device is not included in the OTA update but there is way on how to install Android

Tresorit – Encrypted cloud storage

Cloud-Storage is great but the question is it is secure? There are many cloud-storage to date like Dropbox, Box, Google Drive, Sky Drive and among others. All claiming that they are secure but in reality in computing there is no real hack-proof system. One way or another there are weaknesses that is lying and waiting

CyanogenMod Installer App – installing CM ROM with no sweat!

The old days of installing custom ROM on Android involves manual unlocking of the bootloader if its locked and rooting via flashing insecure kernel. Now, custom ROM like from CyanogenMod is just one app download away. CyanogenMod just released their CM installer at PlayStore along with a desktop client. The desktop client is only available

Samsung reports 40 million Galaxy S4 units sold

Samsung main man JK Shin proudly said that their latest flagship Smartphone, the Galaxy S4 has sold 40 million units since it was announced earlier this year. This, according to Shin is a followup on the report that 20 million S4′s were sold in just two months prior to its release. Samsung’s CEO also noted