Google is now rolling out OTA update for the new Samsung Galaxy Nexus. The Android 4.0.3 is the latest update for the Galaxy Nexus (GSM Version). The update for Galaxy Nexus 4G(LTE) version is not yet available. So if you own a Galaxy Nexus(GSM) check your update and you might be one of the lucky few to have it first but if you can’t wait there is a manual update currently available.
How to Update Samsung Galaxy Nexus Android 4.0.3 Manually:
- Download the OTA update package here
- Rename the downloaded file to update.zip
- Copy the update.zip file to the internal storage on your Nexus S
- Boot into the bootloader by powering down your phone and booting it back up by holding down the volume up key the power button
- By using the volume keys to navigate and the power button to select, go to recovery
- When presented with the warning triangle, hold the power button and tap volume up to reveal a menu
- Select “apply update from /sdcard” and choose update.zip from the list
- Let the phone update. Once completed, choose “reboot system now”
- Enjoy Android 4.0.3 Ice Cream Sandwich
Note: Never try this to the Galaxy Nexus 4G version!