As Samsung confirmed the Android 4.1 update for Galaxy S III, Galaxy S II and the Galaxy Note is due this fall, the Good guys from AndroidSoul was able to get the first taste of Android 4.1 Jelly Bean for Samsung Galaxy S III. This leaked Android Jelly Bean is i9300XXDLG4. This version is compatible only to the International version and if you are interest to try JB on your Galaxy S III I9300 just downlaod the ROM and flash it via Odin.
This is only an experimental build so you may experience some bug on it.
This are the added feature from Android 4.0.3 Ice Cream Sandwich to Android 4.1 Jelly Bean on Samsung Galaxy S III – I9300
- Google Now is here (almost the Jelly bean Update defining feature, right? So, kinda obvious.)
- New Notification bar. Take a screenshot by holding Home key and Power keys together for 1 second and then pull the notification bar to see it in expanded form
- New widget (and feature perhaps): Invert mode. There is a widget called Negative colors which puts your phone into invert mode, with opposite colors showing up everywhere. Bummer, doesn’t take screenshots in negative colors even when you have it enabled. What gives?
- New feature “Dormant Mode”
- To access Google Now, tap on Google Search widget, or hold home key for recent apps, or one more great thing: simply double tap home key, the mic will open up, speak into it (the double tap didn’t work for me when I spoke into it)
- New Recent Apps screen, when you hold the Home key. Allow you to go to Google Now too, and the task manager as earlier
- Some new LWPs (Live Wallpapers)
For the complete details, head over to Androidsoul.