It seems that Samsung is back in the game. European Samsung Galaxy S update to Android 2.3.3 Gingerbread via Samsung Kies is now rolling out. No word yet from Samsung Philippines for the exact date of the update but based on the Galaxy S Froyo update it will be available via Kies without notice from Samsung Philippines.
I know for sure that Samsung Galaxy S owners in the Philippines will get the taste of the Gingerbread update. Galaxy S is one of the most successful Android phone in the Philippines and recently they had the Galaxy Super Sale and Samsung i9000 is one of the best seller. If you own one, you need to have Kies to get the Android firmware update, check out below for the instruction.
How to install and use Kies:
- Install Samsung Kies <– download link
- Update your Kies program
- Connect your Galaxy S I9000
- Once the phone is connected and registered, click on the phone with an arrow icon near the bottom right of Samsung Kies.
- Complete the firmware upgrade to JPM.
- Note: Before updating your firmware make sure that your phone has enough battery.
Note: The above instruction, is usable when the Gingerbread is roll out in the Philippines and used to check if the update is available in our country.
[amazon_link id="B003U2T57E" target="_blank" ]Samsung I9000 Galaxy S Unlocked GSM Smart Phone with 5 MP Camera, Android OS, Touchscreen, Wi-Fi, GPS and MicroSD Slot–International Version with No U.S. Warranty (Black)[/amazon_link]