Barcelona, Spain – Samsung Electronics kicked off the Mobile World Congress 2011 by officially announcing the Galaxy S II (GT-I9100) Android smartphone. This 8.49mm thick, lightweight, dual core phone is the new flagship of the Samsung Mobile, and considered to me one of the fastest Android phones today.
“In 2011, we will take Samsung’s leadership in Speed, Screen and Content to a whole new level,” said JK Shin, President and Head of Samsung’s Mobile Communications Business. “With the GALAXY S II, Samsung wants to set the new standard of quality viewing on mobile, powerful performance, and slim and modern design.”
“GALAXY S II is a natural and powerful evolution of GALAXY S. Building on the phenomenal success of the original Samsung GALAXY S, we are proud to unveil the ultimate smartphone. Consumers no longer have to contain themselves – the Samsung GALAXY S II allows them to design their own smart lives.”
“We’re pleased to see Samsung bring another Android-powered device to market to help grow the Android ecosystem,” said Andy Rubin, Vice President of Engineering at Google.
The Samsung Galaxy S II Performance on the hardware side
With its dual-core processor and advanced wireless network (HSPA+ 21) connectivity, the Samsung Galaxy S II offers power and speed with no other kind. The dual core processor applications delivers features such as web browsing, multi-tasking, supreme graphics and 3D user interface at large screen display.
The display uses Super AMOLED plus 4.27-inch @ 800x400pixels, 1Ghz Dual Core process probably Samsung made Exynos processor, 8-Megapixel camera with LED flash capable of 1080p recording, 2-Megapixel front facing camera and NFC capabilty pack in 8.49mm thick shell.
The Samsung Galaxy S II Performance on the software side
The Samsung Galaxy S II uses Android 2.3 Gingerbread, the latest version of the fastest growning mobile operating system in the world. This is the first Samsung mobile phone to use TouchWizUI 4.0. Samsung’s proprietory user interface. Samsung also launched there GameHub, an apps store where you can download or buy games.
Samsung GALAXY S II Specifications
- Network: GSM 850/900/1800/1900, HSPA+ 21 850/900/1900/2100
- OS: Android 2.3 Gingerbread
- Display: 4.27” WVGA (480×800) Super AMOLED Plus
- Processor: 1 GHz Dual Core Application Processor
- Camera: Main(Rear): 8.0-Mega Pixel Camera AF with LED Flash
- Front: 2.0-Mega Pixel Camera -Single Shot, Beauty Shot, , Panorama Shot, Smile Shot, Action Shot, Cartoon Shot
- Video: Codec : MPEG4/ H.264/ H.263/ DivX VC-1
- Playback : FULL HD(1080p)@30fps
- Recording : FULL HD(1080p)@30fps
- Audio: MP3, AAC, AAC+, eACC+
- 3.5mm Ear Jack & Speaker, Stereo FM Radio with RDS, Voice Recorder
Galaxy S II Features:
- Android Market™
- Adobe Flash 10.1 support
- Samsung TouchWiz
- QuickType by SWYPE
- Document Viewer / Editor
- Android Brower, RSS Reader
- Exchange ActiveSync
- Google MapsTM with Latitude, Places, Navigation (beta)
- Google Voice SearchTM
- Lost Phone Management
- Connectivity: Bluetooth® technology v 3.0 + HS, USB 2.0, Wi-Fi 802.11 (a/b/g/n), WiFi Direct, NFC Connectivity (Optional), MHL, DLNA (AllShare)
- Sensor: Accelerometer, Light, Digital Compass, Proximity, Gyroscope sensor,
- Memory: 16/32GB + microSD (up to 32GB)
- Size: 125.3 x 66.1 x 8.49mm, 116g
- Battery: 1650mAh
Samsung Galaxy Gallery