If you like to show your friends or watch your captured video or movie to a larger screen then VLC and VLC direct Pro for Android will enable you to accomplish this task. All you need is a WiFi connection (WLAN), Android device with VLC Direct Pro App and computer
How to Stream Android Video to Computer (Mac/Linuxs and Windows)
- Download VLC Direct Pro (Free App): Here
- Launch the VLC PC App
- Set the Interface to Web Interface (View > Interface > Web Interface)
- Launch the VLC Direct Pro App on your Android.
- A splash screen will up
- Hit Start and will automatically scan for any VLC on your Network.
- Once FOUND, play the video on your Android and it will automatically play the media on your computer
For other option, just try to explore more the app and you can set your IP address to specific devices which can receive the signal. Also if firewall is enabled on your computer it will block the streaming. Either temporarily disable your firewall or allow the VLC on your network. Basically I just disabled it while streaming.
This is also a good alternative to devices that lacks DLNA capability. Aside from Video, images can also be stream. Perfect to watch those moments in large HD display.