Recently Samsung announced that the Android 2.2 Froyo update for Galaxy S is available.
The Android 2.2 update is via their Kies software update program. Kies is a computer application that will only work in Microsoft Windows Operating.
Android 2.2 major update and features:
- Android 2.2 JIT compiler
- Adobe Flash Player 10.1 compatibility
- Better Exchange support
- Colored settings icons
- Darker menu theme, navy blue color
- GPS Fix
- Pinch-to-zoom homescreen flyover
- Improved default keyboard
- New Search widget
- New Gmail application
- New Android Market with auto-updating
- Media Hub
- Quick links to “GPS” and “Auto rotation” toggles on notification bar added
- Slightly different graphics and transitions with app drawer and default icon dock
- Speed improvements
- Video records in MP4 format
Download Kies software
How to install and use Kies:
- Install Samsung Kies
- Update your Kies program
- Connect your Galaxy S I9000
- Once the phone is connected and registered, click on the phone with an arrow icon near the bottom right of Samsung Kies.
- Complete the firmware upgrade to JPM.
- Note: Before updating your firmware make sure that your phone has enough battery.