Nvidia and its partner ZTE announced the pure Nvidia Smartphone - ZTE Mimosa X. This the first smartphone to be powered by all Nvidia technologies. The CPU+GPU is the Nvidia Tegra 2 SoC and Nvidia Icera 450 HSPA+ modem (14 HSPA+ with IceClear interference cancellation technology).
Other than this is a pure Nvidia smartphone this phone is powered by Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich. The display is 4.3″ (960 x 540) display, a rear 5-megapixel camera (HD video capable), front facing camera, 4GB of storage (expandable to 32GB).
ICERA 450 HSPA+ SMARTPHONE AND TABLET PLATFORM
The Icera 450 slim-modem platform works with NVIDIA Tegra® processors to enable high-performance HSPA+ smart phones and tablets. This platform is based on the ICE8065 baseband and ICE9225 RF IC.
- HSPA+/3G/2G multimode
- Multiband HSPA+ Cat 18 (28Mbs)
- HSUPA Cat 6 (5.7Mbps), Cat 7 (11Mbps) HSUPA upgradable
- Quad-band GPRS/EDGE
- Full 3G and 2G voice
- Radio Interface Layer (RIL) for Google’s Android™ operating system
- MIPI high-speed interface to multiple leading application processors
- Major PCB savings due to integrated baseband and integrated RF chips
- 3GPP Release 7 features inc MIMO and higher order modulation to enhance performance and improve spectral efficiency
- IceClear® interference-cancellation technology to improve cell edge performance
- Targeted for high-performance HSPA+ Android-based smartphones
- Sampling now
Their no word yet for the pricing but for sure NVIDIA and ZTE will feature this phone next week at Mobile World Congress 2012 in Barcelona, Spain.